Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Communicating via Blog

The blog entries were certainly interesting to me.  It is similar to a personal journal.  It allows me to write what I learned in class and share it with the rest of the world.  Even though I work a full time job, and I sometime don’t want to do any work.  But something about the blog keeps me wanting to write it.  Professor original intent was to provide a way for each student to share what they learn about the subject matter.  I agree, it allows us to share and apply what we’ve learned in class and share it with the rest of the world.  It allows each member of class to share and comment about what we've learned in class.  The blog certainly allow me to interact with my classmate outside of the classroom.  Something that I don’t think we can do in class.  Since we all have to participate and pay attention in class.  Blog also allow me to share my perception of what I did in class.  Since I’m part of the management team at my current job.  I did use some of the theory I learned in class and try to apply them in real life situation.  But I do have a hard time understanding the professor’s blog.  I don’t know how professor’s theory applies to management.  Maybe the professor should explain to us how his blog theories apply to management.  Not every student will do well on the exam, but by writing our blog would definitely allow us to improve our grade.  If time permit, I do plan on continue managing my blog after the class is over.  Blog is certainly an effective way for me to communicate what I learned in class. 

3 comments:

  1. I agree I think the blog is a GREAT way to remember and communicate what we learned in class. I also think that many of the students, including myself did not use the blog on a regular basis. This feat shows the great potential this blogging assignment has in regard to meeting you peers and hearing feedback. So yeah, totally agree, its a great assignment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not only it was a great way to communicate, but we also got to know each other better. We shared our ideas together. We learned a little bit about each other. We opened and participated in different debates. It was a great experience.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your comparison to journal is interesting. Not only we communicated to outside world, but I think we shared our thoughts and ideas with ourselves, because we come back, read through our blog, post comments. It is very rare that I can say how I applied class material at my job or personal life, but this class gave me many tools that I have used and will use.
    I actually found professor K's Blog pretty interesting. Whole idea of creativity and thinking outside the box was present pretty much in every blog entry. That has pushed me to think more openly and to think PERIOD.

    ReplyDelete