Sunday, November 21, 2010

My Management DISC

The test did accurately gauge my management orientation.  The gauge test determines I was an “influence” based.   In which mean, I will do try my best to shaping the environment by influencing or persuading others.  If I could become another type, I would like to be “steadiness”.   I do enjoy working with others and carry out the task.  I don’t think it’s difficult for me to become steadiness management type.  Since my current job requires me to work with others.  It would be certain helpful to determine people’s management “types” to better understand where they are coming from and how to interact with them.  If I knew my manager was a “dominance” type of management, I would approach my manager differently.   Since I knew my manager was a dominance type, I would only want to accomplish task her way.  But knowing what management types would certainly allow me to approach things differently.  A test like this would make interaction with others a little easier.   If I knew my management type was influence and my manager type was dominance.  I would try to use my influence type to influence my manager. 

No comments:

Post a Comment